Information Advice & Guidance (IAG)
MOVING ON –
is the exciting new Information Advice & Guidance Service for young people who successfully complete our programmes and forms part of our aftercare service.
MOVING ON aims to provide a high quality support service for young people, together with access to personal development opportunities to help remove barriers and aid the smooth transition to adulthood and working life. We offer information on a wide range of topics as well as confidential advice and practical help.
Information advice and guidance is offered on:
- Careers and Education - Including issues such as which subjects to choose for GCSES, re-taking exams, and gaining entry into college.
- Employment and Job Opportunities - Including issues such as applying for a job, part time jobs, writing a CV, work experience, interview techniques and summer jobs.
- Work-based Learning - Including issues such as Apprenticeships, skill-seekers training programmes and New Deal initiatives.
- Benefits Advice and Entitlements - Including issues such as the different types of benefits, how to apply for benefits and where to find out what you are entitled to.
- Housing Issues and Homeless - Including issues such as emergency accommodations, hostels, student accommodation, leaving home, benefits and runaways.
- Budgeting and Money Management – including setting up bank accounts, paying bills and managing expenditure.
- Living On Your Own – Advise on cooking basic meals, shopping and decorating.
Our team of advisors all receive extensive training (NVQ Level 2 in IAG) and are skilled in recognizing the difficulty facing young people, especially those from a dysfunctional background or with a chequered past.
All young people undergo an initial assessment interview where milestones are set and a personal action plan mapped out. The moving on team provide support and assistance with applications, phone calls, emails and much more. The service is fully evaluated in order to measure outcomes.
To find out more contact the main office on +44 208 662 4480 and let us help you MOVE ON.